While checking the web analytics logs of my website, I discovered that there are too many bruteforce attack attempts originated from Brasil and France. Until today, I was just using Akismet Anti-Spam to prevent spam comments but it wasn’t enough. Then, I found a solution by adding new security plugins that are already used by 100K+ WordPress users. To be honest, I am really surprised that I’ve just met with this problem. Here, there is a list of the active security plugins on my site. You may consider using them.
1. Akismet Anti-Spam: Used by millions, Akismet is quite possibly the best way in the world to protect your blog from spam. Your site is fully configured and being protected, even while you sleep.
2. Anti-Spam by CleanTalk: Max power, all-in-one, no Captcha, premium anti-spam plugin. No comment spam, no registration spam, no contact spam, protects any WordPress forms.
3. Anti-Malware Security and Brute-Force Firewall: This Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware plugin searches for Malware and other Virus like threats and vulnerabilities on your server and helps you remove them. It’s always growing and changing to adapt to new threats so let me know if it’s not working for you.
4. Protection against DDoS
5. Stop User Enumeration: User enumeration is a technique used by hackers to get your login name if you are using permalinks. This plugin stops that.
6. WP Security Optimizer: Protect your site from vulnerability scanner and hackers